Monday, August 24, 2009

Fredonia Rodeo

This last weekend was the Fredonia Bullriding.

It was the last chance for a while for Quentin and Colby to ride so we took advantage.

For those of you that were wondering why I was walking funny at church, in the middle clip you can see the calf shove his horn into my stomache and slam me agianst the slide gate; hence the limp and purplish bruising all over my lower back. If you don't understand what you are watching, here is what happened: when Quentin slid down on his calf, it laid down in the chute, and upon returning to its feet he slammed me into the slide gate. End of story.

It was a good time. I cant wait to get my arena built so we can practice up for next season. The Central Park Rodeo team has done well so far without the practice, so I expect great things when we can do this weekly.

Thank you very much to the Kansas Jr. Bullriders Association for all that they do. If you want to see results or a schedule of upcoming events, go to their website at www.kjba.org. It is a great organization for kids to get experience with rodeo. It is a rough stock only organization that puts on shows all over the Central and eastern part of Kansas. If you are interested in rodeoing and from around Topeka, give me a call or shoot me an email and we can make it happen.

Thanks. Great job Colby and Quentin!

No comments: