Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jesus saves us from anonymity...





Same premise, different teacher.

Stacy Rexer, super-intern, taught the Jr. High group tonight. She did a great job.

Her lesson was based off of Galatians 3 and 4. Being children of God and how that affects the way that we think, live, act, and the way we view ourselves. It was more Biblical exegesis than they get from me...so it was really good. I think I might have to start doing more of this type of teaching, the kids seemed to like it. She started out by having a quiz. She wanted to know the name of the famous person on the screen, and what makes them famous. Aaron Jones knew a bunch of them. There was a lot of hooting and hollering when the Jonas brothers came up. I figured more people would know Travis Pastrana and Shaun White (both names that I gave her to use). It was a good lesson.

Mrs. Keen has been providing us with some amazing snacks for middle school youth group, it was the same tonight: Nachos and Sunny D.

We played the trashcan game after snack time...no one got hurt, unless you count the massive amount of blood that I lost through my blister that Dan Mitchell opened up. That was very unkind of him. In one of these pictures, near as I can tell, Jason Hildebrandt is meditating...not really sure.

No comments: