Monday, May 19, 2008

Graduation's + preparation for Jr. High Camp = crappy lesson...

So, I feel like I have been running constantly for the last couple days. Putting up fence, going to Graduation parties, going to graduations, going to soccer games, going to baseball games, and sleeping, have really cut down on the amount of time that I put into the located aspect of located ministry.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't trade that stuff for a good lesson. I have been too:

Logan's 8th grade graduation
Logan's 9th grade graduation
Northern Hills 8th grade graduation
Northern Hills 9th grade graduation
Jeff West's graduation
Jeff West's 7th grade graduation

Andrea Broadbent's graduation party (they catered in El coyote burritos and rice "moi Bueno")
Tanner Barrand's graduation party (they catered in ribs that were phenomenal)
Megan Sells graduation party (my first ever cheese filled bratwurst will not be my last)
Chris Maddock's graduation party (I did a front flip on his trampoline for the first time in many years)
Gabe White's graduation party (good stuff)
C. J. Delfelder's graduation party (Good cake Aunt Cindy)

Brooklyn's soccer games (vs. Hayden and Highland park, not at the same time...only two teams can play at once)
Tyler Wards baseball games (Go river bats)

Austin's soccer game (FYI, his team, The Green Dragons, don't actually wear green, they wear blue in case you were looking for them)
Austin's ER visit (I almost fainted at this one)
Austin's surgury (didn't watch...heard it was cool though)

Karissa's softball game (see previous post about girls sports)

and finally to see the movie Made of Honor (any self respecting guy would not be caught dead at this movie)

I'm sure there is more...but I can't think of much more to say. I felt really unprepared for youth group but the kids showed up anyway (I really do like them). Last night I talked a little about risks. I challenged all the kids to step out of their comfort zones for this reason...As I set in church there are times when I feel regret. Regret about not giving enough: money, time, trust, risk to God.

I am a Christian, but most of the time I live like a secular humanist. I take on no risks that can only be accomplished through God. In my day to day life, if he does not show up...it will have been unnoticed by me. Why? Because my daily schedule has nothing in it that only God can accomplish. So we discussed the radical trust that needs to be put in him. I vow to do this better. Starting with youth group. My goals/dreams are now to the point where I myself am unable to attain them. If they are achieved, it will be through no accomplishment of my own, but only through his ability and power. Oh I wish I was better prepared, cause this stuff can be powerful.

When is the last time you asked him to do something bigger than you yourself could achieve?

No comments: