Monday, May 5, 2008

Without relaxation, we would all go nuts...

Being as I am a sub par speaker and completely lost in what to teach on next...we decided that the youth group could just hang out last night. We played some football, soccer, and kickball. Keeping with the tradition of someone breaking a face during youth group, Trevor took down Ireland with a tackle during the soccer game. I immediately reprimanded him. I told him next time, pick an uglier person to take down (like Nate or Chris). She was no worse for the wear however

I am really excited for our High School group. We got a bunch of kids graduating, a bunch of new kids coming (Paige, Kalen, Brooklyn, Jayna, Karissa, and others), and a bunch of cool kids coming up. It is amazing to me to see this youth group come together.

I grew up in a youth group that was randomly visited by guests. From my freshman year to my senior year, no one new came into our youth group (a move that the church is still suffering from). When I was in 7th grade I was poured into by Travis McKinley who was a 9th grader. He was being invested in by a guy named Jared Carlson who was a senior. Through my time there that chain was strengthened but never lengthened. That investment ended with me. I left a vacancy in that youth group when I graduated. I made a major mistake of leaving no one to carry on.

It is good to see this group of teens taking seriously their call to community, a call that will not leave this church a vacancy to fill when they graduate and move on.

No comments: