Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What ever happened to Contra!


Since we cancelled youth group tonight I decide to go ahead and watch some youtube videos to catch up on what I have been missing in the real world. I first heard about Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 from some of our kids. I have now began to wonder how exactly this game can even be sold!

Watch this clip and tell me what you think. (Click here to watch the Clip)

Not only is the entire video disturbing, but especially the part at 4:40 where he walks up to an injured man and blows his head apart! Come on people! This is not warfare this is genocide! Hitler killed cause of race; now the game kills cause of, what, proximity? wrong place at the wrong time? Oh yeah because its a mission on a game that is fun to watch! What was I thinking?

I am the last person who would get up on a soap box and attempt to protect our kids in a vain attempt to sheltering them from the world around them; but this video game (and I am making a judgement about the whole based on the part) is disgusting.

Parents: You can argue with me if you want...I don't care; but this game should really not be in your kids games systems. I have held my peace on a lot of things and honestly not as careful as I should have been with what games are played here at the church; however, I am making the decision to start being a little more with it when it comes to games and media and I think that you should make the same decision.

It doesn't really matter how much attention you have taken in the past; start now! If you never took the time to do your research on games in the past; make an effort now!

If you purchased this game for your kid...I will pay you for it! If that is what is holding you back from getting it out of your kids video game library! I feel that strongly about it!

Some Stats:

The Game sold 4.7 million units in the first 24 hours and made $310 Million!

By comparison the final Harry Potter book made $220 million in its first 24 hours!

The Game made $550 million in the first 5 days of being offered!



Please let me know what you think by commenting below!





No comments: