Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BELIEVE CONFERENCE

Last weekend, 19 of our kids and 4 of my sponsors took the long trip to Tulsa, Oklahoma for Believe Conference.

It was a great weekend. Our kids love going on trips like that. Believe is a 24 hour event that is solely devoted to teaching to Jr. High Students. Everything from programing to material is centered around short attention spans. I love it because I think like a Jr. High student, and learn like a Jr. High Student. This year they studied through Jeremiah 1, and the call on his life. The theme was "Speak." Following Jesus was easier for me in Jr. High than really doing anything with it, so I thought it was an awesome theme.

What the kids got out of it, I cant be sure. Call me pessimistic, but I think most of my kids have heard most of it before. A majority of my kids had grown up in church and Christian school, so this was nothing new to them. I was really challenged by it, but many of them seemed almost immune to the fact that anything was going on. The worship was really good and they liked that. I don't really know a good way to prep for a conference like this, so Im not sure how this stuff really effected them.

Honestly, I felt my high schoolers who went to help got more out of it than anyone. They seemed to have grown closer and talk about this experience constantly. I have one who wants to be Brent the Stunt guy, and another who is a little "Eric the Painter."

Between Jared Hall the illusionist (who was awesome), the Rubyz (good stuff too); and the aforementioned it was a great weekend. I thoroughly recommend it for everyone.

It was a great week, and our kids came back fired up to worship, but I am not sure how fired up they were to "Speak."

















No comments: