Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Party!

The day of the Superbowl was only more busy for the men who suited up tonight. It is fitting that my last blog was on hurrying, because that is what I felt like I was doing all day. Did Kurt Warner have to build sub sandwhiches before church? Did Troy Palumalu pull his groin playing flag football?

This morning we as a youth group made 144 sub sandwiches in order to raise money for CIY and Jr. High Camp. I showed up later than I wanted, and did not have enough tomatoes. Stress level 8.5

I was counting money right after church, waiting for the last person to leave, so I could deliver the only 2 subs I sold. Stress level 6

I drove home (15 minutes) and dropped off two sandwiches (taking 3 minutes) and then drove back into town (15 minutes). Stress level 7

I stopped at Walmart to get a couple things for the party and to grab a football for our youth group superbowl football game. Stress level 3 (the people at Walmart get me)

Football went well; however, trying to spread the ball around to 12 people on your team is difficult. Stress level 2

The party was ok; we moved a couch into the balcony, since our seating is gone. We kicked empty two liter bottles at a make shift field goal assmbled on the stage. We tailgated in the balcony...it was awesome. There are times when I don't connect well with some of our kids. I don't know what to do about that. I want to do my job well, which stresses me out. Stress level 9

After most of the kids left, I was able to hang out with someone I have grown fond of. After talking to her, I felt alot better, plus it was much anticipated on my part. I needed that. Stress level 1

All in all it was a good day.

No comments: