Thursday, April 10, 2008

Games are fun...

Since the Youth Band played this last Sunday (and did a very good job I might add), and I had been meeting with people non stop since Sunday morning, neither entity (the youth band or I) were in any kind of position to put together anything that would resemble organized. Therefore, I decided that we would play games all night.

We started out the night with womp'um kickball...which is essentially kickball, but you get to hit people with fun noodles. It was a good time. No bones were broken and no cars were destroyed. All in all I consider that an accomplishment. After kickball, we played a game called joust. Basically, you have a beanbag like bowling pin attached to your helmet and with a fun noodle you try to knock everyone else's off. Barbaric and childish I know, but still a pretty good time. Finally each team was given a rope. I would yell out a shape or a letter and they would try to make that shape with their rope. I was very disappointed in the lack of geometric ability displayed by the 8th graders in this game.

No comments: